Monday, January 3, 2011

What Really Happened To Michael Jackson review


In his book, recording artist promoter and long time friend of the Jackson family, Leonard Rowe provides an insightful look at a side of the music industry which is usually kept hidden from the public--a side of the industry in which acts of racism and discrimination toward black artists/ black promoters are still being committed. He also provides insight into the events leading up to the tragic, untimely death of Michael Jackson.

I found the first few chapters to be informative, although at times, a little long. However, by the time I began reading all the chapters which talked about Michael, I was literally moved to tears.

I had long suspected the media had, in some way, been helping AEG divert attention away from its own misdeeds--by making Michael look like he had no one to blame but himself--and Leonard Rowe confirmed my suspicions. The pages that talk about the media's character asassination of Michael and his family, when each member spoke out against AEG hit the nail right on the head. As does the chapter that talks about Conrad Murray and his behavior which to me will always be suspect.

Of course people are entitled to their opinions with regard to Leonard Rowe's character. However, if I could, I would congratulate Leonard Rowe on giving an insightful account of "what really happened to Michael Jackson..." Leonard Rowe's book is filled both with passion and objectivity--neither of which overshadows the other. This book answers the most important questions. Therefore, I highly recommend it.

Review by Mary From http://maryhk1.multiply.com/reviews/item/1

1 comment: